Vice President of Procurement
As the senior leader of the procurement group and member of the executive committee, the successful candidate will be responsible for the development of the corporate procurement strategy. You will also be responsible for the procurement process for key inputs including, among other things, planning needs and maintaining service levels. You are adept at maneuvering in a rapidly evolving and constantly changing sector involving multiple stakeholders from different departments and hierarchical levels. You will establish purchasing strategies aimed at enhancing the value and profitability of the company. You are results-oriented, an excellent team player, versatile, a strong communicator and a great team builder. You seek value-creating solutions that can lead to cost reductions and/or increases in revenues and margins in order to improve CDMV’s profitability.
What you’d mainly responsible for:
- Developing the procurement and data monetization strategy in line with the corporate strategic plan endorsed by the board of directors, in a context where e-commerce is predominant, both in B2B and B2C;
- Guiding and advising CDMV’s executive team on best business practices with respect to procurement processes;
- Contributing to positioning CDMV as a national leader in veterinary practice supply;
- Establishing a strong partnership with senior management colleagues; and
- Providing leadership to the CDMV procurement team.
- Deploying the strategy and improving procurement processes;
- Implementing purchasing strategies based on the company’s financial and tangible resources in order to achieve sales, gross margin, inventory turnover and service level objectives;
- Developing purchasing policies;
- Managing commercial agreements, proposing and executing the negotiation strategy;
- Establishing, developing and maintaining long-term partnerships/relationships with suppliers;
- Directing and managing at all times and without interruption the flow of supplies, within required timeframes, meeting CDMV’s quality standards and procedures, with a view to optimizing acquisition costs;
- Monitoring the progress and achievement of the company’s objectives;
- Identifying, evaluating and accrediting potential suppliers;
- Researching new products and new trends, such as private label and other opportunities;
- Creating in-depth in-house and external expertise with respect to distributed products;
- Ensuring excellent customer satisfaction through quality services and good relations with internal and external customers.
Does this describe you?
- A bachelor’s degree in administration or engineering; MBA an asset;
- Minimum of 10 years’ relevant and recent experience in a similar position;
- Fully bilingual both orally and in writing (French and English);
- Solid experience in the pharmaceutical distribution market, the hardware market and/or procurement experience in another high-volume national B2B context;
- Strong negotiating and strategic skills;
- Experience in project management, budget management and contribution to company margins and profitability;
- Good knowledge of e-commerce and data monetization;
- Experience in a multi-site (pan-Canadian) and multicultural environment; and
- Skilled in the use of the Office suite and other relevant software, as appropriate.
Does it sound like you?
- Good strategic vision and an innovative, positive and agile attitude;
- Customer and results focus;
- Entrepreneurial spirit;
- Excellent communicator and team-builder;
- Strong leadership skills and managerial courage;
- Influential approach and good team player: ability to mobilize and motivate;
- Willing to follow CDMV’s six guiding principles, the values that we share: creating value, agility, inner fire, dedication, team player and being of one mind.