Talent Acquisition and Internal Communications Advisor
Reporting to the Director of Human Resources, the Talent Acquisition and Internal Communications Advisor is responsible for the complete recruiting cycle, for establishing and standardizing national talent-acquisition practices, as well as for supporting the rollout of internal events across Canada.
Roles and responsibilities
- Assist in the development and rollout of national talent-acquisition strategies;
- Develop a candidate-selection program (candidate selection and evaluation method);
- Develop a network to promote the employer brand and attract passive talent;
- Stay up-to-date on recruitment best practices;
- Maintain a welcome and integration program for all new staff;
- Manage various special programs including recognition, employment equity and francization;
- Sit on various committees, including those in charge of social responsibility and internal events;
- Participate to Employers competitions to promote CDMV, attract and retain talent;
- Advise internal clients, offering them strategies tailored to their needs and to the current state of target markets;
- Working with the communications department, develop and support the employer brand;
- Working with the communications department, coordinate theme weeks (internal mini events) aiming to demonstrate the expertise of our teams, promote the adoption of best practices (health and safety, IT etc.) and highlight the advantages of employment (insurance, RRSP, etc.);
- Assist in writing texts for The Distributor, the internal newsletter;
- Assist in creating content for our internal communication tools.
- Adaptability and stress management: Demonstrate flexibility and adaptability and/or tolerance in a constantly changing work environment while efficiently performing the functions of the job;
- Ability to manage several different files at the same time;
- Relationship building: Establish and maintain working relationships with others, internally as well as externally, in order to achieve corporate objectives;
- Communication: Be able to listen, speak and write clearly and thoughtfully, in English and in French;
- Promotion of teamwork: Be able to work collaboratively with others in order to establish objectives, solve problems and make decisions that will enable the organization to grow and increase efficiencies;
- Organization: Be able to prioritize and establish schedules;
- Planning: Develop strategies to promote the company, set objectives, establish and put in place action plans and evaluate processes and results.
- University degree in industrial relations, human resources management or communication;
- Two (2) to five (5) years of experience in a recruitment specialist position;
- Experience in a pan-Canadian company an asset;
- Member of the Order (CHRP, CIRC);
- Bilingual (French–English), oral and written;
- Occasional travel to our other locations (in Ontario, Alberta and the Atlantic provinces) may be required.