Distribution Centre Supervisor (Evening shift) – Halifax
With your great adaptability and your sense of organization, you’ll be responsible for planning, organizing and supervising the ongoing operations of the Halifax Centre to achieve the distribution centre’s quality, service and productivity objectives.
“You’ll be working with a fantastic team and we will give you opportunities to develop strong skills in a growing organization. “ – Brian Murray, Distribution Centre Manager.
What you’d mainly be responsible for:
- Plan, organize, and coordinate all operations including the shipping, storing and replenishment of merchandise;
- Effectively motivate and supervise personnel including recruitment, training & development, and evaluation. Ensure ongoing improvement in productivity and quality of employee’s work;
- Communicate efficiently with employees, promote a collaborative environment, while adhering to regulations governing work conditions; Ensure employees comply with regulatory and corporate standards and policies;
- Participate in and contribute to inventory management initiatives, in collaboration with the Inventory Control Team Lead;
- Recommend changes in work methods, for more efficient use of resources to optimize the company’s performance;
- Supervise preventive maintenance and equipment repair programs as the responsible for Health and Safety awareness and compliance. Take necessary measures to minimize health and safety hazards for employees and visitors. Ensure the workplace is always clean and organized.
We would like to meet you if you have :
- University degree;
- Minimum of five years of experience supervisory in a distribution environment;
- Experience working in a leading-edge technological and computer environment.
Does this sound like you?
- Must be autonomous and able to make decisions independently;
- Adaptability and stress management: Demonstrate flexibility and adaptability and/or tolerance in a constantly changing work environment;
- Ability to manage several different files at the same time;
- Organization: Be able to prioritize and establish schedules;
- CDMV’s six beacons of light, the values that we share: creating value, agility, inner fire, dedication, team player, be of one mind.
We have a lot to offer
- Pension plan;
- Group insurance;
- Excellent opportunity to develop your skills in a growing company.
CDMV is the leading pan-Canadian distributor of products for veterinary practices. Along with our mission to distribute, we also provide a multitude of valued-added solutions that facilitate the management of a veterinary practice. These allow our clients to focus on what’s important: caring for animals.
If you join CDMV, you’ll be part of a team of more than 350 employees located across an area that stretches from the Saint-Hyacinthe headquarters to the distribution centres in Calgary, Toronto and Halifax.
Send your application via the form.