Senior Category Manager
Telework, in hybrid mode
Purpose of this position is to create value for stakeholders from total cost of ownership perspective, optimize product portfolio and mitigate supply chain risks. Working in both a B2B and B2C context, the senior category manager will be responsible for category strategy development and deployment, strategic sourcing, contract negotiation and supplier performance management.
“In summary, Senior Category Manager is expected to establish a structured approach of managing portfolio, identify opportunities to drive cost and process efficiency, and to introduce procurement best practices”– Kevin Zhang, Vice President, Procurement
What you’d mainly be responsible for:
- Leading category strategy development, including strategic goals, market leader approach, gap analysis, sourcing initiatives pipeline and implementation plan);
- Developing the category management strategy, including selection of products and suppliers as well as negotiation of commercial agreements;
- Conducting research of current supply market trends (cost structure, emerging technologies, supply and demand principles);
- Translating business objectives into sourcing opportunities and improve overall business results;
- Identifying product portfolio optimization opportunities;
- Designing and implementing a structured end-to-end sourcing process and a cost savings tracking report;
- Developing RFx package, go to market approach and proposal evaluation scorecard;
- Developing a negotiation strategy taking into account various internal and external factors (costs, market position, leverage);
- Developing and maintaining a close collaboration with suppliers and measure their performance to ensure quality service delivery and contract compliance;
- Facilitating implementation of change initiatives within the department.
We would like to meet you if you have :
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration or a related field. (MBA is an asset);
- 8 years of experience in procurement management roles, including at least 5 years of relevant category management/strategic sourcing experience;
- Experience in the pharmaceutical distribution market or Consumer Package Goods (CPG) market (important asset);
- In-depth knowledge of procurement best practices;
- Practical experience in project management and change management;
- Experience working with procurement systems (Ariba, Coupa, Smart by GEP etc);
- Experience in B2B, B2C and e-commerce;
- A solid understanding of the organization’s vision and strategy;
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills;
- Bilingual in oral and written form (French and English).
DOES THIS SOUND LIKE YOU?
- Capable of adapting to a constantly changing environment;
- Able to communicate business objectives;
- Good problem-solving skills;
- Resourceful and flexible;
- Able to set priorities and establish schedules;
- Able to effectively manage multiple files at the same time;
- CDMV’s six guiding principles, the values that we share: creating value, agility, our inner fire, dedication, being a team player and a common understanding.
We have a lot to offer:
- Competitive pension plan;
- Group insurance including life, disability and dental;
- Employee and family assistance programs (EFAP);
- Onboarding and integration program;
- Talent management program;
- Company that promotes career advancement.
CDMV is the leading Canada-wide distributor of products for veterinary practices. Our mission as a distributor is complemented by the deployment of value-added solutions relevant to managing and promoting a veterinary establishment. These allow our clients to focus on what’s important: caring for animals.
Joining CDMV means becoming part of a team of over 350 employees, from the Saint-Hyacinthe headquarters to the distribution centres in Calgary, Toronto and Halifax.
Feel inspired to join?
Apply today through the form below!
CDMV applies an equal access employment program and encourages women, ethnic or visible minorities, people with disabilities and Indigenous people to apply to published job offers.