With your knowledge of Windows operating systems, you will be responsible for maintaining, administering and commissioning servers in accordance with the specifications and procedures defined by the department.
“The ideal candidate has an excellent vision of customer service and priority management.” Maxime Pion, Supervisor of IT Support and Operations.
What you’d mainly responsible for:
- Writing and updating the documentation required for the installation, administration and operation of servers;
- Administering employees and sales force user accounts: passwords, access rights to servers and to the various programs available;
- Checking the status of the servers daily to ensure maximum integrity in terms of security and stability;
- Ensuring constant monitoring of the IT infrastructure using the available monitoring tools;
- Providing technical support and troubleshooting to the various users of the applications;
- Ensuring the necessary configuration changes to the organization’s telephone infrastructure: telephone systems, voice mail, cabling, call centre, etc.;
- Purchasing the equipment and software necessary for the proper functioning of the systems;
- Monitoring technological trends that could influence or improve the department’s current operations;
- Ensuring that all software installed is covered by a legal licence held by the organization;
- Ensuring back-up copies of all computerized systems in accordance with the policy in force;
- Managing the inventory of IT equipment;
- Performing any other task required by his or her superior in order to best serve the interests of CDMV.
Does this describe you?
- A DEC (diploma of college studies) in computer science or the equivalent;
- A minimum of 5 to 7 years’ experience as a system and/or network administrator;
- Ability to communicate effectively in French and English, both spoken and written;
- Advanced knowledge of server and network administration;
- Excellent knowledge of Windows operating systems (Windows 7, Windows 10) as well as Windows Server 2008 r2, 2012 and 2016;
- Knowledge of the underlying technologies related to computer networks: TCP/IP, DNS, FTP, DHCP, SMTP, SNMP;
- The ability to manage the Office 365 platform;
- Working knowledge of network architecture designs: VLAN, DMZ;
- Capacity for practical management of firewall rules;
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Active Directory, Microsoft Exchange and VMware;
- Ability to manage IP telephony;
- Experience in logistics, shipping and receiving environment (an asset);
- Potential to be able to perform all the tasks of a level-1 technician and act as the technical resource for the level-1 technician.
Does this sound like you?
- Able to provide excellent customer service;
- Resourceful, flexible and versatile;
- Able to set priorities and effectively manage multiple files at the same time;
- Able to navigate in a changing environment;
- Willing to follow CDMV’s six guiding principles, the values that we share: value creation, agility, the inner fire, dedication, being a team player and being of one mind.