Manager | Accounts Receivable (St-Hyacinthe)
You will be responsible for managing the accounts receivable team and supporting the Corporate Controller in the company’s financial and accounting activities. You will be called upon to put your insight and skills to good use in order to solve the problems and meet the stimulating challenges that await you.
“The ideal candidate is an agent of change who has strong coaching and communication skills.” – Line Guilmette, Corporate Controller
What you’d mainly be responsible for:
- Managing and coordinating the work of the accounts receivable clerks;
- Following up on accounts receivable and collecting on outstanding accounts;
- Reconciling accounts on a monthly basis and preparing various management charts;
- Ensuring adequate training of employees, including the creation of training tools, in line with the needs of the department;
- Participating in the preparation of the year-end audit and providing the required documents;
- Developing, documenting and improving the accounts receivable department’s business processes while ensuring rigorous follow-up;
- Ensure the processing of various payments;
- Working in close collaboration with other departments;
- Supporting the corporate controller in the project for the improvement of accounts receivable processes.
We would like to meet you if you have :
- A certificate or a Diploma of College Studies (DCS) in accounting;
- At least 8 to 10 years’ experience in a similar position;
- At least 5 years’ in a supervisory role (in a unionized environment, an asset);
- Experience in collection, an asset;
- Excellent knowledge of written and spoken French and English;
- Good experience working with an ERP system such as Oracle or SAP;
- Very good knowledge of Microsoft 365, an asset;
- Facility for communicating with both internal and external clients;
- Strong leadership and analytical skills.
DOES THIS SOUND LIKE YOU:
- Capable of proficiently adapting to a constantly changing environment;
- Able to communicate business objectives;
- Good problem-solving skills, resourcefulness and flexibility;
- Able to set priorities and schedules;
- Capable of effectively managing multiple files at the same time;
- Commitment to CDMV’s six guiding principles, the values that we share: creating value, agility, Inner Fire, dedication, team player and being of one mind.
WE HAVE A LOT TO OFFER, INCLUDING:
- Competitive pension plan;
- Group insurance including life, disability and dental;
- Employee and family assistance programs (EFAP);
- Onboarding and integration program;
- Talent management program;
- Company that promotes career advancement.
CDMV is the leading Canada-wide distributor of products for veterinary practices. Our mission as a distributor is complemented by the deployment of value-added solutions relevant to managing and promoting a veterinary establishment. These allow our clients to focus on what’s important: caring for animals.
If you join CDMV, you’ll be part of a team of more than 350 employees located across an area that stretches from the Saint-Hyacinthe headquarters to the distribution centres in Calgary, Toronto and Halifax.
Apply today using the form below.
CDMV applies an equal access employment program and encourages women, ethnic or visible minorities, people with disabilities and Indigenous people to apply to published job offers