Manager | IT Support and Operations
With your client focus and organizational skills, you will be responsible for IT support and operations as well as for managing a team of employees and specialized consultants.
“The ideal candidate will prioritize three operational objectives: the availability, performance and security of IT services offered to internal and external clients. They must also collaborate with other teams and plan their time in accordance with major projects and incidents requiring their team’s expertise.”
– Marco Babin, Vice President, Information Technology
What you’d mainly be responsible for:
- Overseeing the monitoring of the urgency level of tickets (incidents/service requests) entered into the system and taking the necessary action to ensure appropriate prioritization.
- Evaluating and planning the resources required to complete tickets.
- Developing and executing a schedule of updates for the various systems.
- Reviewing and approving major incident reports leading to future corrective actions.
- Maintaining and improving the performance dashboards for the services offered by your team.
- Acting as a mentor to the team by offering advice during interventions.
- Collaborating with the different departments and proposing solutions to meet needs.
- Participating in design reviews and complex technical initiatives with the architecture team and clients initiating the requests.
- Managing the relationship with suppliers and consultants, including the approval of monthly invoices.
- Presenting an annual performance review including the evaluation of your team members.
We would like to meet you if you have :
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science with 4 years of experience, or DEC (college diploma) in computer science with 7 years of experience managing an operations team;
- Very good knowledge of ITIL best practices;
- Very good understanding of hybrid Cloud infrastructures;
- Very good knowledge of Microsoft and Oracle environments;
- French/English bilingualism (oral and written) essential.
DOES THIS SOUND LIKE YOU:
- Client focus: working in concert with clients, taking action to correct problems, going above and beyond for the good of the client.
- Teamwork: treating others honestly and fairly, supporting decisions, demonstrating belonging to the team.
- Flexibility and adaptability: reacting positively to unforeseen events and seeking the necessary information to meet needs.
- Autonomy: being able to work independently, exercise good judgment and discernment and achieve results with general supervision.
- Rigour: being disciplined, diligent and conscientious, able to manage their schedule effectively and caring for a job well done.
- Action orientation: deploying energy to get things done, avoiding procrastination, reacting when performance is not up to par.
- Perspective: being able to understand the organization as a whole and having a clear vision of different scenarios and their impacts.
WE HAVE A LOT TO OFFER, INCLUDING:
- Competitive pension plan;
- Group insurance including life, disability and dental;
- Employee and family assistance programs (EFAP);
- Onboarding and integration program;
- Talent management program;
- Company that promotes career advancement.
CDMV is the leading Canada-wide distributor of products for veterinary practices. Our mission as a distributor is complemented by the deployment of value-added solutions relevant to managing and promoting a veterinary establishment. These allow our clients to focus on what’s important: caring for animals.
If you join CDMV, you’ll be part of a team of more than 350 employees located across an area that stretches from the Saint-Hyacinthe headquarters to the distribution centres in Calgary, Toronto and Halifax.
Apply today using the form below.
CDMV applies an equal access employment program and encourages women, ethnic or visible minorities, people with disabilities and Indigenous people to apply to published job offers