IT Manager — Delivery and production
Thanks to your strong client focus and organizational skills, you will be responsible for application development and operations, the integration of new solutions and the management of a team including employees and specialist consultants.
“The ideal candidate must fulfil and follow up on the calendar of priorities approved by the IT executive committee, while remaining on time and on budget. He or she must also collaborate and manage priorities in accordance with the IT Master Plan, major change requests and incidents requiring his or her expertise.” – Marco Babin, Senior Director, Information Technology.
What you’d mainly be responsible for:
- Managing the production and delivery of functionalities resulting from major projects or change requests (CR);
- Supporting and recommending online solutions aligned with the Information Technology (IT) Master Plan;
- Acting as a technical leader and mentor for the team by providing advice on application development;
- Collaborating with the company’s different divisions and proposing solutions that meet their needs;
- Taking part in design reviews and complex technical initiatives related to architecture and client-initiated requests;
- Evaluating, planning and maintaining a matrix of the team’s production capacity;
- Taking part in architecture discussions and planning;
- Managing supplier and consultant relationships, including approval of monthly invoicing;
- Presenting an annual performance review, including team member evaluations.
Does this describe you?
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent;
- Minimum of 7 years of experience in IT and minimum of 4 years of experience managing an IT development team;
- Expertise in multi-tier architecture (OIC – Oracle Integrated Cloud an asset);
- Good knowledge of ERP development and evolution (Oracle an asset);
- Ability to adapt to different project management approaches (Agile versus Waterfall).
Does this sound like you?
- Strong client focus: you work closely with clients, take action to solve problems and make every effort to serve the client’s best interests;
- Teamwork: you treat others honestly and fairly, support decisions and demonstrate a sense of belonging to the team;
- Autonomy: you are able to work independently and show good judgment;
- Thoroughness: you are disciplined, diligent and conscientious and have good time management skills;
- Action-oriented: you make every effort to get things done, avoid procrastination and react when performance falls short of expectations;
- Perspective: you have a good understanding of the organization as a whole and a clear overview of the different scenarios and their impacts;
- Flexibility and adaptability: you react positively to the unexpected and seek clarity in order to take needs into account.
We have a lot to offer
- Pension plan;
- Group insurance;
- Excellent opportunity to develop your skills in a growing company;
- The opportunity to be nominated for the Inner Fire Trophy!
CDMV is the leading pan-Canadian distributor of products for veterinary practices. Along with our mission to distribute, we also provide a multitude of management and marketing solutions that are essential to a well-run veterinary practice. These allow our clients to focus on what’s really important: caring for animals.
If you join CDMV, you’ll be joining a team of more than 350 employees located across an area that stretches from the Saint-Hyacinthe headquarters to the distribution centres in Calgary, Toronto and Halifax. We’re committed to doing more for veterinariansTM.
Send your application to Patrick Dupuis, Talent Acquisition Advisor, via the form.