Thanks to your client orientation and organizational skills, you will be responsible for application development operations, integrating new solutions and managing a team of employees and specialized consultants.
“In summary, the Director of Information Technology oversees the implementation of various projects and priorities approved by the IT Executive Committee, while meeting deadlines and staying on budget. They set priorities and devote the time required to ensure that major projects, change requests and incidents requiring their expertise run smoothly, all while working closely with the team.” – Marco Babin, Senior Director, Information Technology.
What you’d mainly be responsible for:
- Leading the development and delivery of the features needed to develop major projects or responding to change requests (CR tasks);
- Acting as a technical leader and mentor to the team by providing guidance for application development and operations;
- Collaborating with the organization’s various departments and suggesting solutions that meet needs and expectations;
- Participating in design reviews and complex technical initiatives according to the architecture and internal clients;
- Evaluating, planning and maintaining a team delivery capacity matrix;
- Participating in discussions and architecture planning;
- Managing relationships with suppliers and consultants, and associated budgets;
- Presenting an annual performance review, including the evaluation of team members.
We would like to meet you if you have :
- A bachelor’s degree in management information systems or equivalent;
- At least seven years of experience in IT and a four years of experience as a manager of an IT development team;
- Knowledge of ITIL best practices;
- The ability to set up dashboards (KPI) for their sector;
- Expertise in multi-tier architecture (Oracle Integrated Cloud [OIC]) would be an asset;
- A good understanding of the development and evolution of an ERP (Oracle) would be an asset;
- Easily adapts to Agile project management versus Waterfall.
Does this sound like you?
- Client orientation: works together with clients, takes action to solve problems;
- Teamwork: is supportive of decisions and demonstrates your belonging on the team;
- Autonomy: able to work independently, exercise good judgment and discernment, and achieve results with general supervision;
- Rigour: is disciplined, hard-working and conscientious, manages your schedule and cares about a job well done;
- Action orientation: uses all available energy to move projects forward and responds when performance is not up to par;
- Perspective: able to grasp the issues and their impact with a comprehensive vision of the company;
- Flexibility and adaptability: responds positively to unforeseen events, seeks information required to meet needs;
- CDMV’s six beacons of light, the values that we share: creating value, agility, inner fire, dedication, team player and being of one mind.
We have a lot to offer
- Pension plan;
- Group insurance;
- Excellent opportunity to develop your skills in a growing company.
CDMV is the leading Canada-wide distributor of products for veterinary practices. Our mission as a distributor is complemented by the deployment of a multitude of value-added solutions relevant to managing and promoting a veterinary establishment. These allow our clients to focus on what’s important: caring for animals.
If you join CDMV, you’ll be part of a team of more than 350 employees located across an area that stretches from the Saint-Hyacinthe headquarters to the distribution centres in Calgary, Toronto and Halifax.
Apply today using the form below.