Human Resources Advisor
With your leadership and planning skills, you will be responsible for the full cycle of recruitment, implementation and standardization of talent acquisition practices at the national level, in addition to actively participating in the deployment of employee retention strategies across Canada.
“We are looking for a dynamic and rigorous human resources advisor who likes to work in a team. You will be expected to serve as an ambassador for CDMV’s six guiding principles, the values that we share: creating value, agility, Inner Fire, dedication, team player and being of one mind.” – Andrée-Anne Duval, Director of Human Resources.
What you’d mainly be responsible for:
- Participating in the development and deployment of talent acquisition strategies at the national level;
- Maintaining an onboarding and integration program for all new employees;
- Playing an advisory role with internal clients by proposing strategies adapted to their needs and to the reality of their target markets;
- Coordinating various special programs (including recognition and employment equity programs);
- Advising and supporting managers in the management of human resources;
- Helping monitor the talent management program;
- Acting as a resource person with regard to the different HR policies and procedures, application of the collective agreement, and labour laws and regulations;
- Contributing to the development and implementation of the HR team’s various projects.
Does this describe you?
- A university degree in industrial relations, human resources management or communication;
- A minimum of five (5) years’ experience in a position as a human resources advisor;
- Experience in a Canada-wide company is considered an asset;
- Membership in a professional corporation (CRHA, CRIA) is considered an asset;
- Written and spoken proficiency in French and English (bilingual);
- A willingness to travel to our other business centres on occasion (Ontario, Alberta, Atlantic provinces).
Does this sound like you?
- Dynamic, enthusiastic, flexible, versatile and tolerant;
- Ability to navigate in a changing/growing environment while performing duties effectively;
- Ability to manage several files at the same time;
- Capacity to create and maintain positive working relationships both internally and externally;
- Strong communication skills, including the ability to listen, speak and write clearly;
- Ability to set goals and good problem-solving and decision-making skills;
- Organizational and planning skills: ability to develop strategies, establish priorities, define timelines, implement action plans, and evaluate processes and results;
- Spirit of collaboration: achieving goals is a team effort!
We have a lot to offer
- Pension plan;
- Group insurance;
A respectful workplace;
Excellent opportunity to develop skills in a company that promotes career advancement.
CDMV is the leading pan-Canadian distributor of products for veterinary practices. Along with our mission to distribute, we also provide a multitude of management and marketing solutions that are essential to a well-run veterinary practice. These allow our clients to focus on what’s really important: caring for animals.
If you join CDMV, you’ll be joining a team of more than 350 employees located across an area that stretches from the Saint-Hyacinthe headquarters to the distribution centres in Calgary, Toronto and Halifax. We’re committed to doing more for veterinariansTM.
Send your application via the form.