Distribution Centre Supervisor
Reporting to the Distribution Centre Manager, the Warehouse Supervisor is responsible for planning, organizing and supervising the ongoing operations of the GTA Distribution Centre to achieve the DC’s quality, service and productivity objectives.
Roles and responsibilities
- Plan, organize, and coordinate all operations including the receiving, storing and replenishment of merchandise;
- Effectively motivate and supervise personnel including recruitment, training & development, and evaluation. Ensure ongoing improvement in productivity and quality of employee’s work;
- Communicate effectively with employees, promote a collaborative environment, while adhering to regulations governing work conditions. Ensure employees comply with regulatory and corporate standards and policies;
- Participate in and contribute to inventory management initiatives, in collaboration with the Inventory Control Team Lead;
- Recommend changes in work methods, for more efficient use of resources to optimize the company’s performance;
- Responsible for Health & Safety awareness and compliance. Supervise preventive maintenance and equipment repair programs. Take necessary measures to minimize health and safety hazards for employees and visitors. Ensure the workplace is always clean and organized.
- Must be autonomous and able to make decisions independently;
- Good communicator with the ability to motivate and direct employees;
- Adaptability and stress management: Demonstrate flexibility and adaptability and/or tolerance in a constantly changing work environment;
- Ability to manage several different files at the same time;
- Organization: Be able to prioritize and establish schedules.
- University degree;
- Minimum of 5 years of experience supervisory in a distribution environment;
- Experience working in a leading-edge technological and computer environment;
- Reach/walkie certification preferred.