Distribution Centre Manager – GTA
Thanks to your sense of leadership and planning skills, you will be responsible for the organization and management of all activities related to the smooth operation of the distribution centre.
“The Distribution Centre Manager is dynamic, possesses a business manager’s clarity of vision and loves to work in a team. He or she must act as an ambassador by upholding CDMV’s six guiding principles, the values that we share: creating value, agility, inner fire, dedication, team player, be of one mind.” Patrick Lizotte, Director of Operations.
Are you interested in making your contribution by working with us to provide an essential service?
What you’d mainly be responsible for:
- Planning, organizing, coordinating, supervising and controlling day and evening operations related to order shipping and receiving;
- Motivating and effectively managing staff;
- Participating in employee recruitment, training, evaluation and also monitoring individual performance, continuous improvement of productivity and the quality of work of the entire team;
- Establishing effective communications with your employees and maintaining an excellent work climate while respecting the application of the current collective agreement and ensuring employee compliance with the relevant standards and policies;
- Following up on complaints concerning the distribution centre in collaboration with Customer Service and implementing corrective measures;
- Acting as the primary point of contact for all our local transport service providers and our Customer Service team and working with our carriers to maximize the client experience while meeting our budget objectives;
- Taking necessary measures to minimize health and safety hazards for employees and visitors and ensuring the proper use of material and equipment by employees;
- Recommending changes to work methods and the use of human and material resources in order to optimize the quality, service and/or profitability of the company;
- Identifying the equipment and manpower needs required for the proper functioning of your department, participating in the preparation of operating budgets and staying within those budgets;
- Establishing an impeccable work environment;
- Ensuring the application of good manufacturing practices;
- Overseeing the maintenance of the distribution centre’s premises and equipment;
- Maintaining healthy working relationships.
Does this describe you?
- Bachelor’s degree in operations management or a related field;
- Minimum of 5 to 7 years of experience in a similar position;
- Excellent proficiency in written and spoken English and knowledge of French (an asset);
- Experience in team supervision and employee training;
- Knowledge of a warehouse management system;
- Good experience working with WMS’s and ERP systems.
Does this sound like you?
- Adaptability and good organizational skills;
- Rigour and reliability;
- Vision and vigilance in matters of occupational health and safety;
- Mastery of basic principles of warehouse management;
- Autonomous, good sense of urgency and resourceful;
- Ability to unite and motivate others;
- Sense of leadership.