Communications Advisor – St-Hyacinthe
Your role is to provide support for the planning, implementation and optimization of communication activities. Committed to raising the company’s profile within the Canadian veterinary community, but also in the eyes of our employees, you will demonstrate a high level of strategic creativity in delivering the projects entrusted to you.
“The Communications Advisor is a strategic ally of the department. Thanks to their expertise and passion, the candidate is comfortable operating in a change management context. They have a sharp mind and enjoy working on a wide array of projects. They also have a keen eye for both the design and quality of the communications they are assigned.”
– Geneviève Ménard, Director, Brand Strategies and Communications
What you’d mainly be responsible for:
- Planning and distributing communications in accordance with business objectives and strategies approved by management.
- Writing and/or editing various communications while ensuring that the information is effectively conveyed.
- Ensuring the distribution of campaigns and communications within CDMV’s ecosystem.
- Measuring the impact of communications initiatives and making recommendations for optimization.
- Ensuring the optimal quality of language (French, English) and compliance with the company’s brand image for all initiatives.
- Contributing to the definition of brand-building strategies.
- Coordinating the translation of documents with external resources.
- HR marketing: in collaboration with the Human Resources Department, orchestrating initiatives aimed at promoting CDMV as an employer of choice (development and distribution of recruitment campaigns, organization of job fairs, production of promotional material, etc.).
- Helping define the strategy for major external events in which CDMV participates to ensure a ROI (5-6 conferences per year across Canada).
- Developing an internal communications calendar.
- Implementing and providing content for effective internal communications channels that reflect the organization’s reality and dynamics.
- Organizing certain internal events (annual gala evening, inauguration, 50th anniversary, etc.).
- Helping develop strategies to assist the organization with change management and employee communications.
- Working closely with other departments in order to stay abreast of the organization’s projects, issues and priorities.
- Identifying tools for improving the performance of internal communications.
Social media management
- Acting as a community manager and facilitator on the company’s social media platforms (Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram), including the management of comments and private messages.
- Actively participating in the content creation and optimization process.
- Briefing the graphic designer with a view to producing content for publication on social media.
- Working with internal teams to develop appropriate strategies.
- Publishing content on social media platforms.
- Monitoring content.
- Analyzing content performance and making recommendations for continuous improvement.
We would like to meet you if you have :
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in a similar role
- Impeccable language skills in both French and English (spoken and written)
- A keen eye for design and respect for the brand image
- Great rigour and attention to detail
- Ability to grasp strategic issues
- Important asset: knowledge of the Microsoft Dynamics CRM tool
- Asset: experience in the health/pharma sector
Does this sound like you?
- Capable of evolving and innovating in an environment with multiple constraints
- Continuous optimization: a commitment to always “do better”
- Spirit of collaboration and the desire to create promising partnerships
- Open and honest communicator: able to communicate with peers and rally them around shared goals
- Autonomous: capacity for good judgment and for achieving results with general supervision
- Flexible and adaptable: positive reaction to the unexpected
WE HAVE A LOT TO OFFER, INCLUDING:
- Competitive pension plan.
- Group insurance including life, disability and dental.
- Employee and family assistance programs (EFAP).
- Onboarding and integration program.
- Talent management program.
- Company that promotes career advancement.
CDMV is the leading Canada-wide distributor of products for veterinary practices. Our mission as a distributor is complemented by the deployment of value-added solutions relevant to managing and promoting a veterinary establishment. These allow our clients to focus on what’s important: caring for animals.
If you join CDMV, you’ll be part of a team of more than 350 employees located across an area that stretches from the Saint-Hyacinthe headquarters to the distribution centres in Calgary, Toronto and Halifax.
Apply today using the form below.
CDMV applies an equal access employment program and encourages women, ethnic or visible minorities, people with disabilities and Indigenous people to apply to published job offers.