Telework, in hybrid mode (tuesday and thursday in office)
The purpose of this position is to create value for stakeholders from total cost of ownership perspective, optimize product portfolio and mitigate supply chain risks. Working in both a B2B and B2C context, the manager, category management will be responsible for category strategy development and deployment, product portfolio optimization, supplier selection and contract negotiation.
“In summary, Manager, Category Management is expected to establish a structured approach of managing product portfolio to meet customers needs, and to identify opportunities to drive cost and process efficiency”– Kevin Zhang, Vice President, Procurement
What you’d mainly be responsible for:
- Lead category strategy development, including strategic goals, strategic options, market leader approach, gap analysis, project pipeline and implementation plan;
- Develop category management plan, including selection of products and suppliers as well as negotiation of commercial agreements;
- Collect inputs from internal and external stakeholders and conduct research to gain supply market knowledge ((supply market structure and dynamics, cost structure, opportunities and threats);
- Translate business objectives into procurement opportunities and improve overall business results;
- Identify product portfolio optimization opportunities to meet customers needs and improve ROI of capital investment on inventory
- Develop go to market approach, category RFx package and supplier proposal evaluation scorecard;
- Develop a negotiation strategy taking into account various internal and external factors (costs, market position, leverage);
- Provide inputs on procurement process improvement through collaboration with users and business stakeholders;
- Facilitate implementation of change initiatives driven by portfolio optimization.
We would like to meet you if you have :
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, supply chain management or engineering.
- 5 years of experience in procurement management roles, including at least 3 years of relevant category management experience;
- Experience in the pharmaceutical distribution market or Consumer Package Goods (CPG) market (important asset);
- In-depth knowledge of procurement best practices;
- Practical experience in project management and change management;
- Experience working with procurement systems (Ariba, Coupa, Smart by GEP etc);
- Experience in B2B, B2C and e-commerce;
- A solid understanding of the organization’s vision and strategy;
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills;
- Bilingual in oral and written form (French and English).
DOES THIS SOUND LIKE YOU?
- Capable of adapting to a constantly changing environment;
- Able to communicate business objectives;
- Good problem-solving skills;
- Resourceful and flexible;
- Able to set priorities and establish schedules;
- Able to effectively manage multiple files at the same time;
- CDMV’s six guiding principles, the values that we share: creating value, agility, our inner fire, dedication, being a team player and a common understanding.
We have a lot to offer:
- Competitive pension plan;
- Group insurance including life, disability and dental;
- Employee and family assistance programs (EFAP);
- Onboarding and integration program;
- Talent management program;
- Company that promotes career advancement.
CDMV is Canada’s leading distributor of products dedicated to veterinary practices.
We have been supporting veterinarians and their teams with a wide variety of quality products since 1972.
We fufill our mission by striving for consistent operational excellence at all our distribution centres located in Alberta, Ontario, Quebec and Nova Scotia.
Joining CDMV means joining over 375 employees who care about the health and well-being of animals.
CDMV applies an equal access employment program and encourages women, ethnic or visible minorities, people with disabilities and Indigenous people to apply to published job offers.