With your leadership and planning skills, you will act as a business analyst to assist the various departments in identifying and drafting business requirements. You will be assigned to various tasks such as standard change requests or project (both minor and major).
“We are looking for a business analyst with strong analytical skills and a well-developed capacity for synthesis. They should be rigorous, capable of solving complex problems and like to work in a team. It is imperative that they collaborate closely in the implementation of systems.” – Marco Babin, Senior Director, IT
What you’d mainly be responsible for:
- Interpreting and defining high-level business needs and translating them into functional specifications;
- Collaborating with the project manager or requester by providing an evaluation of the anticipated level of effort required;
- Advising the various members of management by proposing concrete solutions related to business needs;
- Designing and supervising the development of identified solutions that meet functional and technical standards;
- Producing drawings and specifications that accurately reflect user requirements, while respecting established parameters;
- Implementing test strategies, creating test documents and performing quality assurance (QA);
- Documenting analyses and proposed solutions;
- Working together with software integrators and developers on the design, development and configuration of systems;
- Adapting to constantly changing technology and learning and applying new methods to achieve the organization’s goals;
- Ensuring good communication with requesters.
Does this describe you?
- University degree in computer science, business administration or the equivalent;
- At least 5 years’ experience in IT and at least 3 years’ experience as an analyst;
- Experience in project management an asset;
- Good knowledge of distribution, logistics and finance processes an asset;
- Good understanding of process analysis vs technology solution.
Does this sound like you?
- Client orientation and comfortable in an advisory role;
- Good understanding of business needs;
- Able to adapt and manage priorities;
We have a lot to offer:
- Pension plan;
- Group insurance;
- Respectful work environment
- Excellent opportunity to develop your skills in a growing company;
CDMV is the leading pan-Canadian distributor of products for veterinary practices. Along with our mission to distribute, we also provide a multitude of management and marketing solutions that are essential to a well-run veterinary practice. These allow our clients to focus on what’s really important: caring for animals.
If you join CDMV, you’ll be joining a team of more than 350 employees located across an area that stretches from the Saint-Hyacinthe headquarters to the distribution centres in Calgary, Toronto and Halifax. We’re committed to doing more for veterinarians.
Send your application via the form.